Find.......

Custom Search

Friday, August 12, 2016

Artist Su Liqun Holds A Solo Exhibition


Su Liqun, a Chinese artist who is good at both wash painting and oil painting, has recently exhibited over 80 paintings in the Today Art Museum in Beijing. 


The solo exhibition titled Truth Seeking, will last until August 23rd. Su Liqun explains why he named his exhibition 'Truth Seeking'.

"I entitled my exhibition 'Truth Seeking' because the paintings reflect my goal and path to seek truth in life. I regard my many years of dedication into painting is for the sake of discovering my true self, including my system of ideas and ideals including what other people and things look like in my eyes. 

The exhibition reflects not only an artist's pursuit for proper techniques of painting but tries to discover the nature of truth in our life and society."

Su Liqun embraces passion of life by depicting the grandeur of nature and the poetic touch of river towns. The artist is known for an obvious mutual influence between the wash and oil painting in his artworks.

He explains his simultaneous exploration in both oriental and western painting skills.

"Why did I want to use traditional Chinese brush drawing ink and paint? First of all, I learned relevant techniques when I was in college. But more importantly, I wanted to develop a western-style painting through traditional Chinese brushwork. For instance, I started from a perspective of impressionism, and applied China's traditional ink paintings, including rice paper, ink, water and a brush in an effort to create something new."

Su Liqun's solo exhibition is expected to enable visitors to better understand his experience of ideological transformation and his injection of new mediums into his paintings, half of which are wash paintings and another half being oil paintings.


There are many big names in China who are masters in both wash painting and oil painting, including Xu Beihong, Li Keran, Zhao Wuji and Wu Guanzhong.

Source: CRI


from China Travel & Tourism News http://ift.tt/1iB6EFm

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments: