Find.......

Custom Search

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My Flight Travel Bag – Setup For Unexpected Airport Closures

Wow talk about out of the blue, the airport closures in England and Europe will have caused major problems logistically for many people as they try to rearrange their flights and lives to fit the new reality imposed on them from a thousand miles away, from a volcano of all things.

I try to keep some things in my travel bag that make long flights comfortable and many of them would also work to keep you comfortable in a forced long airport stay. Imagine that your plane lands where you are doing a transit, you do not have a visa, and they do not offer visa on demand, you are stuck in the airport. This could happen to you in China, Vietnam and I am sure many other countries around the world.

So what do I have in my bag?

My hot water immersion heater this will allow me to make coffee or tea it also allows me to make Ramen soup. I always keep a couple of packages of Ramen in my bag for when I get to new towns and I am too tired to go out and find something to eat.

I also keep coffee in my bag because I am a cheap miser and hate paying $3.50 for bad airport coffee.

I keep my BlackBerry for the music on long flights, some Beatles, Stones, Beethoven, Neil Young & Steely Dan, anyway, it has an alarm clock that I can set and sleep with out fear of missing my flight connections.

Beach wrap, similar material to a bandana and just as useful, only bigger. Very light weight, it takes up no space, and can be used as a blanket or a pillow or as a bird bath towel.

Airplane toothbrushes, I always grab a couple and keep them in my plane bag.

When I use to fly through Taiwan in anticipation of the long layovers, I would buy a beach raft at the ABC stores in Hawaii for $2, and sleep on the terminal floor. You might think yuck, but when you camp out you are sleeping on much worse to be sure! When I start sawing logs you can see the concept isn't lost on the fellow passengers then! LOL

These days I usually forgo the beach raft and reach for the plastic instead and get a room in the airport. In situations like this you need to be decisive and make your move fast, when they shut down the airport there are only so many of those airport hotel rooms, so you lose and you don't snooze if you move slowly.

My Flight Travel Bag – Setup For Unexpected Airport Closures is a post from: Traveling China



from Traveling China http://www.chinaya.org

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 701390

No comments: